Emergency Foster Care
The purpose of the Emergency Foster Care Program is to provide short term, emergency care for children ages 0-5 years who are in the custody of the state of Oklahoma in a family environment until more permanent arrangements can be made. This program ensures that the youngest and most vulnerable of children do not have to spend time in state run shelters. The staff of Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care and the foster parents will form a team to provide a Christ centered environment to the children placed in the foster homes as well their family members and to serve them in any way possible.
Becoming a Lilyfield Foster Parent
- Provides short-term (usually 30 days or less) foster homes for children age 0-6
- Ensures that the very youngest and most vulnerable children are cared for in a family environment instead of a shelter during the critical early days after removal from their biological home.
- Allows OKDHS to investigate potential relative placements while the child is kept in a safe and stable foster home
- Requires that at least one parent stay home, as no child care subsidy is available
- Families are provided with a minimum notice of 6 hours for visits and discharges
- Placements may occur at the Oklahoma County shelter or from the hospital in the case of newborns, and may be required on weekends and evenings.
The process for becoming a certified foster home is intensive; it is our belief that serving these vulnerable children is worth the time and effort that may be invested. If you are interested in becoming a foster home for infants in state custody through our agency, please contact us at 405-216-5240 or by email at email@example.com. We hold various informational meetings and orientations around Oklahoma City throughout the year. We would love it if you joined us as we serve the Lord by serving these children!
Our Model of Service
Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care’s foster care program is centered on the idea that Christian families make strong and stable foster families. They receive their purpose and calling through their relationship with the Lord. Their church families create a natural support system around them as they walk through the emotional journey of being foster parents. The wrap around supportive services of Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care help ensure that our foster families are prepared and equipped for long term foster parenting.
Lilyfield recruits foster parents out of local church communities. We work with them to help educate their friends and family about the foster care process. We provide all of the state mandated training through our certified trainers, with the unique perspective of a faith based organization. From the beginning, our families view their role as foster parents as a ministry. Our families are eager to serve not only foster children, but their biological families and the OKDHS caseworkers who are working with those biological families.
Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care provides the comprehensive services needed to become a certified foster family. From training to home studies and foster home supervision, our agency guides families through each step of the journey.
After families are certified, we work closely with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services to ensure that our families are able to take placement of and care for the specific children who have the greatest need for placement, and are the best fit for the individual family’s circumstances.
We provide the following support services once a family has placement:
- Weekly phone calls with a Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care caseworker
- Bi-weekly in-home visitation with a Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care caseworker
- Referrals and support for any needed services
- Liaison services between the foster family and the Oklahoma Department of Human Services
- Ongoing education and training
- Additional funding and support for items needed for foster children placed in the foster home